Monday, November 23, 2015

[TRANS] Park Yuhwan for Marie Claire Korea (Dec. 2015) – Yuchun mentioned



What made you decide to start acting? 
I was going to be around twenty years old. One day I was getting on without meaning because it didn’t clearly occur to me about what I want to do, but seeing the image of Yuchunnie hyung being absorbed in practicing acting, I thought about wanting to be an actor for the first time. I learned the fundamentals steadily from that day on, and I started working making appearances with minor roles gradually.
Does your older brother also occasionally monitors your drama(s)? 
He has played a joke imitating my character Junwoo [T/N: from ‘She Was Pretty’] coming into my room. (Laugh) I don’t talk a lot about acting with my older brother. I have felt embarrassed a little talking about such things sitting face-to-face with him. It was just the two of us at times and to the extent where we were talking with ease, ‘I like your acting this time’, while having a drink at home. Still, I have always felt reassured thanks to my older brother watching quietly from behind.

With the attentions you received as Park Yuchun’s younger brother from people, do you think there were times when you felt burdened by your older brother’s presence? 
I don’t at all. We are family. I cannot feel burdened by the presence of family. Since I was merely a child, and then before I became an actor, there have been times also when people’s attentions were abundant. Though I became an adult, and after I started doing what I like, I haven’t felt uncomfortable at all. I think I have to work hard and do my best in the work I take on to not go causing harm to my older brother. I want to climb up each one step of one flight of stairs slowly with the name of actor Park Yuhwan as I have been till now, than being a star who becomes popular in one swoop.
Source: Marie Claire Korea
Translated by: rilanna of JYJ3

No comments: