Sunday, February 7, 2016

Park Yoochun “The Girl Who Sees Smells” Japan Interview! ‘Laughed too hard during filming that many NGs occurred’



This time, in commemoration of the Blu-ray&DVD release, the interview addressed towards the Japanese fans has arrived. He talked about his co-stars, the secret stories from the shooting and about the “analgesia” acting.
― Your appearance on “The Girl Who Sees Smells” was decided, reading the synopsis and script, what were your impressions/thoughts (on it)?
Yoochun: The people who watch the drama may or may not have felt this but I am shooting by choosing a different method than my works up till now. The first time I read the synopsis and script, I had a dark image for the main character Mugak. Therefore, I was worried if a person like Mugak who carries the pain in his heart, which he experienced in the past can be connected well together with a comedic element. Furthermore, Mugak is set to have lost all his sensations, how do I convey it so it’s understandable, I was considerably troubled and I found myself worried earlier, at the time of the start.
― Please introduce regarding the role you acted, Choi Mugak.
Yoochun: He is a young detective and, originally was a bright young man appropriate of his age. After losing his parents early, he was happily living with his one and only younger sister however, one day, the younger sister was involved in an incident and passed away. Since then Mugak lost his sensations and smile, his personality became blunt but, after meeting Oh Chorim (Shin Sekyung’s role), his sensation and smile is gradually regained. He is such a person.
― Are there any similarities in Choi Mugak and Park Yoochun’s personality etc.?
Yoochun: There is a similar aspect. When I act always, I am of those who influences the role with his own personality or form. Because I think that this way at the time of acting mundane scenes, it is seen with a more natural feel to it. While doing trial and error, I face the shooting. The comical scene in which meeting Chorim and regaining the smile, I couldn’t act if I didn’t push out my own personality to the forefront. I felt like as Mugak, even saying a gag won’t be funny so, I acted by putting out my natural personality.
― This is your first time co-starring with Shin Sekyung, the time when you first heard (that she is your) co-star, what did you think about it? In addition, how was it acting alongside with her in reality?
Yoochun: I met Shin Sekyung for the first time at the script reading. If you see the works she has appeared in till now, they are of a dark and mysterious image. The movie “Hindsight” left an impression and, I think that image of the role was overlapped (T/N: i.e. that dark image of SSK had remained in Yoochun’s head). However, meeting her in reality, (she is) healthy and bright, maybe it is because more than anything she debuted in child roles, she is polite and does not say selfish (things) and, even if it is hard (she has it in her) to endure very patiently. For me, there are many things for which I think I am thankful for (towards her). We worked together smoothly, it was fun and the reaction was good as well right. To say reaction, it is not the reaction of the acting but before the performance or rehearsal, the time of the casual daily life conversations. Her reactions are good that’s why I as well enjoy talking (to her). She is such a woman[/person].
― Others, Namgoong Min and Yoon Jinseo starred as the main cast but other than in the acting of the 4 main cast, were there any episodes?
Yoochun: In any case, shooting was very enjoyable. At the (shooting) location, unrelated to the characters being acted out or the atmosphere of the shooting location, we were considerate of each other. Namgoong Min listened well to (what) I had to say. At the time of the shooting, when I’m listening to various opinions, he from a position of a senior would answer with, “Yoochun, doing it this way is good.” Yoon Jinseo has appeared in many movies up till now and, amongst the movies she has a mysterious and a bit suspicious image. However, in reality she laughs a lot and, you can come in contact with her comfortably. Speaking of episode, just now I mentioned this in the press round-table conference as well, there is many NGs at the shooting location. NG occurs because of laughing too hard. I think of this as an enjoyable thing. Mistaking while saying the dialogues or in the case of a NG occurring due to becoming nervous after continuing an all nighter, there is a time when you become a bit sullen, but NGs occurring (due) to laughing hard improves the location’s atmosphere. I believe it is a fortunate thing and that it is really good that I have become able to do this work.

“In the Comical scenes, you can see my forms that have never been seen before.”


― There was a scene in which you do a comedic dialogue with Shin Sekyung as well, the gag with the wig form became a hot topic. Though we have heard a rumor that there was very few NGs, how was the filming?
Yoochun: There were very few NGs. It was a scene in which NG should not occur. Though an actor has to memorise the dialogue of the script and act along smoothly together with the costar, when a NG occurs and then the repeated saying of the dialogue several times,[because of this] there is a case that the first fresh feeling or the impact gets lost. Comical scenes in particular, freshness is important so, we were careful of NGs. I feel fortunate that (we) were able to do it as aimed.
― At the ending of the drama, the NG scenes with Yoon Jinseo aired, are there any episodes from the filming of that scene?
Yoochun: That was across the glass and lighting hits from the rear, it can not be seen from me. In the beginning she as well looked puzzled. When I did the gag moderately during rehearsal but in the actual performance did it intensely, she said, “modify it so that i am able to act.” It was a filming while laughing. If i’m not mistaken, that was the first thing in the morning and, everyone was sleepy and dazed off but thanks to Yoon Jinseo laughing, the nervousness at the location came untied and it seemed to have gone well.
Translator’s Note: NG scene clip, here, the scene referred to starts at 0:33 to 0:41
― It was mentioned in the conversation just now as well but, Mugak does not have any sensation. Because he is Insensible(T/N: Mukankaku 無感覚 in Japanese, and Mukamkak 무감각 in Korean(he is called) “Mugak” ?
Yoochun: Yes, it is like that.
― In the drama, though even when Mugak was hit with a chair by a criminal there was not even one change in complexion, in acting of not feeling pain, were there any hard times?
Yoochun: It was very hard to do. Even if i want to express it with natural acting, only this I have never experienced so, acting as well, it somewhat wouldn’t come out nicely and it felt unnatural as well. Even at the time when filming for the hand to hand fighting scene in the video for the title use, I was told “as much as possible (do it) expressionless.” However, that doesn’t go the way you think. I struggled considerably. I am glad to have been able to overcome it well. Entering in the latter half, such scenes were less so, I thought I should show it in the times of having to show. I was able to express it to some degree no?
― Through “The Girl Who Sees Smells”, are there any parts in which actor Park Yoochun has matured? Or, are there any parts where you felt it was worth doing?
Yoochun: More than anything through this work, I believe the sense of distance of the acting roles has narrowed and, in the comical acting or daily life scenes, i made an earnest effort so it appears natural as much as possible. Additionally, I do not know the final judgement but it seems like it is accepted by the audiences. I am extremely satisfied with that point.
― Please give your message and the drama’s highlight towards the Japanese fans.
Yoochun: Honestly speaking, in the case of me acting a character in a drama, thinking about the flow from the beginning to the end, I act while giving a connection but in “The Girl Who Sees Smells,” I am acting considerably with variations, completely like an omnibus, like changing the switch. Wouldn’t it be enjoyable if you try and take note of that? In the comical scenes in particular, you can see my never before seen forms, please anticipate it.
Source: Kstyle
Translated by: xiahjunjjyu of XIAOVERFLOWER

No comments: